Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Madness... they call it madness...

I think I'm mad!

I've been knitting for 2 weeks now. I can cast on, while follwing instructions. I can knit, purl, and m1 increase (most of the time).

I've decided to join the Knitting Olympics - during the 16 days of the winter olympics (2pm on February 10th until the flame goes out on February 26th) I'm going to be knitting a pair of kneewarmers. Cabled kneewarmers. Probably on DPNs. Eeek!



Wish me Luck. Or join me!

I'll take photos of my yarn tonight!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anushka said...

Good luck!! Have fun with the cables, they're fabulous once you get into the swing :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Purple Heather said...

Thank you :D

It's a pity you can't join, but more important your wrists are well!

I had a bit of a play with some 4 stitch cables (can't remember what they are actually called) and they seemed OK. I waas using a very long size 11 needle to hold them on while I worked the next two, and it was a bit unwieldy, but I'm going to pop to the market one night this week to buy a cable needle.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Poppy said...

OH so brave! Love poppysmum. xx

2:57 AM  
Blogger Anushka said...

You're tagged!

http://magic-fingers.blogspot.com/2006/01/tagged-tagged.html

12:30 PM  
Blogger Purple Heather said...

Thanks Poppy! I'll let you know how I get on! Are you doing an olympic event for Team Japan :D

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home