Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Since there are now in excess of 3000 of us, I decided we need a Knitting Olympics song.

Sat on the train today finishing off my panta (photos to follow, I promise), I came to the bit that is K1, P2, and was merrily sat there singing under my breath, knit, purl, purl... knit, purl, purl.

I decided we needed a knitting version of what I thought was The Frog Song, but turns out to be We All Stand Together, by Paul McCartney:




Knit or purl, rib or plain
One thing is certain we won't complain
Side by side, wool in hand
We all knit together

Cast them on, bind them off
Hats, scarves, and jumpers, maybe a sock!
Round the world, wool in hand
We all knit together

La-
Keeping us up late in the night
La la la la
Knit day and night
You'll get it right

Repeat

Knit or purl, rib or plain
One thing is certain we won't complain
Side by side, wool in hand
We all knit together.




Original version by Paul McCartney, filked by Heather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home